Out of State Transfer

Welcome to Eastern New York (ENY)!

Presumably you:

  • have been a certified US Soccer referee in the last 3 years in another State or
  • are currently certified under another State Association.

In order to transfer to ENY, you must complete the following steps:

Step 1: Add ENY to your Learning Center profile

Associate your Learning Center profile with Eastern New York State Referee Committee by doing the following steps (reference video).

  1. Go to your US Soccer Learning Center Profile
  2. Under Relationships, click Manage My Relationships
  3. Search and add Eastern New York State Referee Committee and click Update

Also update your Learning Center address to your new address in ENY as well.

Step 2: Ensure your referee certifications are up-to-date

You must have:

  • an active Referee licence (your profile should show) and
  • your compliance courses (SafeSport, background check etc.) must be up-to-date and not expiring soon.

If not, please certify through the appropriate US Soccer Learning Center course (new, recertifying).

Step 3: Introduce yourself to the SRA and SYRA

Drop a polite hello to the State Referee Committee by sending an email to:

… to introduce yourself, your refereeing experience and what brings you to ENY. You can send a single email to both together.

Step 4: Sign up for our Assigning Platform; RefInsight

Steps in the link below.

Step 5: Reach out to your Local Area Coordinator

Area coordinator list below.

Introduce yourself to the appropriate Area coordinator, attach your game log (list of prior game assignments and roles) and indicate your interest in officiating in the area.

Following these steps, you will be introduced to the Assignor and assigning platform to onboard and receive games & introduced to your local Referee Association for ongoing support.